What should stand out on the 2019 Jaguar XS? - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

What should stand out on the 2019 Jaguar XS?

The XJ as we know it is aging and was well over due for changes. Things like its old interior design and tech made it dull, the you have exterior design that is near obsolete. Its things like this that might contribute to its horrible resale value for first and second owners.

Seeing changes with some new Jaguar models give me hope in the brand so my expectations from first reviews are quite high. Factoring into that are comments like "Stunning outside, luxurious inside" from a Jaguar CEO along with the other comments from him below:

Quote:
“indulgent, super-luxury”
Quote:
“Proper luxury brands have to have an indulgent car in there somewhere,” he said. “We’ve got two: the XJ and the F-Type. If you want the room of an XJ, you might as well buy an XF — there’s not much in it — but the whole point of luxury is indulgence, so you need a car like that, something that acts as the bookend for the brand. I think we will always have that.”
So what are we to expect, an XJ successor with more F-Type DNA? Let me know what you guys think below...
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 11:37 AM

The more they can make it agile and have less weight the better it will be for them. Its up against some stiff competition so when you have that with a model like this, even just something like weight reduction can mean a lot. After that most things should fall into place.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The more they can make it agile and have less weight the better it will be for them. Its up against some stiff competition so when you have that with a model like this, even just something like weight reduction can mean a lot. After that most things should fall into place.
I agree.

The biggest issue for me right now is confirming if this new XS model is the XF successor that's being talked about because with how new the XF still is and how much life is still left in that name, it might be a reason for them to not go with a new name. Plus "XS" sounds like something that could either be small or sporty.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page