Lister Thunder - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Lister Thunder

As were still waiting on information surrounding the XS, I just wanted to know if you guys have seen this Lister version of the F Type. There are only 99 of them being built and in the 24 hours following their advertisement, they already have 4.37 million in pre orders. The supercharged 5-liter V8 has been re-engineered to reach 666 horsepower. It will reach 62 mph in just 3.2 seconds, 100 mph in 6.8 seconds and go all the way to 208 mph. Thoughts?
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 11:16 AM

i'm sure every single one of them will be sold in no time simply because there's a limited amount being produced. Add on the fact that it can produce 666 horsepower and a blistering 721 lb-ft of torque, the Lister Thunder will be very popular. I'd go for one if I ever had the funds to do so.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 01:47 PM

I think Jaguar needs to come out with a higher performing F-Type that can rival the AMG GT-R. Already the F-Type has enough going on that makes it a worthy platform. Just a matter of them executing it. JLR's SVR models are impressive, I can only imagine how that plays out in a truly sporty platform like this.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 12:21 AM

The Jaguar F-Type is a work of beauty and it'll definitely sell well with a high-performance engine and a few exterior tweaks to give it a more aggressive looks. To rival the AMG GT R it'll need to deliver more than 577 hp, which is hard to do.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 03:44 AM

At this point we just have to give jaguar a bit more time because being a brand that is emerging once again they need time to manage how much money they put on the line before it come back to them. Even though they are owned by a rich Indian company. I think they're progressing at a great rate.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Well now that the issues around their reliability, which plagued models of the past have been addressed, its no surprise that more people are getting behind the wheel of them. And I don't know if you've seen the F-Type GT4 race variant, but its supercharged 5.0-litre V8 is good for 567bhp.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 01:49 PM

Still, probably one of the biggest concerns is the fact that being a new flagship product that we will have to look out for things that could potentially pose a risk to the cars reliability
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

But Jaguar has a pretty well established platform, and there haven't been any major recalls across their lineup in recent years. It's more than likely that we will see the same powertrain options offered on the XS, as whats been found in the XF or XE; neither of which had had any serious issues.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:46 AM

No major recalls, though there are a few workmanship complaints here and there of their new models, like panel gaps and such. Of course these problems may just be plaguing their low to mid range models like the F-Pace.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 02:22 PM

For me the biggest incentive and motivation to consider anything from JLR was when TATA bought them over. Not only could you see the difference in how models were built just from face value but also right into the details. Still more improvements to be made but good enough to not be put off from buying one.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page