What happened to the XS? - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

What happened to the XS?

Hey guys. Huge Jaguar enthusiast, and current owner a first gen XE. I remember hearing about this model years ago and just wanted to see if there had been any progress on it. Seems like its been awhile since Jaguar first hinted at it. Any idea what happened? They just decide to focus on their SUV's and new EV?
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Welcome to the forum, glad to have another Jag fan on here. Unfortunately the XS has been put on the backburner as Jaguar looks to electrify and expand upon their current top selling models. Jaguar has shown an interest however in revisiting old models with the E-Type Zero and perhaps we'll see more classic nameplates return.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 04:24 PM

Initial reports came out around 2011 so I think at this point Jaguar could very well shift focus but not entirely.
at the end of the day they need a flagship successor and that's what the XS was made out to be
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

I did see some stuff about that E-Type Zero and think its really cool. I'd love to see them reintroduce other classic nameplates like the XJS. I think that electrification is a great way to bring interest back to sedans, and the first automaker to deliver a practical and affordable model will hopefully shift the market.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 01:12 PM

Too bad they never got serious about launching that supercar prototype that was featured in a James Bond movie. It could have been the perfect way to show what JLR hybrids have the potential of.

Although a much different brand, its what McLaren did and what it did to the brands image is paying off big time.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 10:36 AM

We don't yet know what Jaguar will deliver with the Project 9, which they have already confirmed development on. Not quite sure how large the audience will be for a +$200k road going sedan, but they must have seen a fair share of interest in the Project 8 before deciding on something to sit above it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 03:30 PM

I imagine that project 10 when it happens will be a supercar or hypercar because car makers love using certain round numbers when they can an in the past even jaguar has proven that to be true.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

I wonder if Jaguar has any plans to revisit the C-X75 concept from years ago. I know it was originally designed as a hybrid but they could easily redevelop it as a pure EV. I don't think the 500hp output would really cut it when compared to what the Project 8 has on tap.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 01:26 AM

Models like the Project 8 have be believing that Jaguar is just waiting on the right moment.
Even with how much the supercar and hypercar segments have changed, we still haven't seen much. Lots of potential left.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:58 PM

Imo Jaguar should be focusing on the reliability and tech issues in their current models before expanding upon extremely niche high performance variants. I can only imagine what the upkeep would be on something like the Project 8.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page