Jaguar J-Pace - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Jaguar J-Pace

Jaguar is really going full throttle with SUVs and crossovers because there's a potential J-Pace SUV on the horizon. Guess the XS may be delayed even more because it's not a bread and butter type of vehicle.
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 03:00 PM

I don't really know why Jaguar feels they need more than 3 flagship SUV's. With gas prices on the rise you'd think their last concern would be with a model that sits above the F-Pace. I've also heard that they are interested in making another sports model to sit alongside the F-Type. Looks like we may still be a ways off from any XS news.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I don't really know why Jaguar feels they need more than 3 flagship SUV's. With gas prices on the rise you'd think their last concern would be with a model that sits above the F-Pace. I've also heard that they are interested in making another sports model to sit alongside the F-Type. Looks like we may still be a ways off from any XS news.
As SUVs and pick ups improve MPG rating so are their sales, not only that but so is the transition of people moving from sedans to SUV's. The first thought people have of buying an SUV is the horrible gas mileage. J-Pace is a key product that rivals the Porsche Cayenne.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Other models like sedans and coupes are being shunted to the side in the meantime, at least that's what it looks like these days and there's no news of the XS so its release date could be pushed back for all we know.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 02:55 PM

I think a large and long enough spike in fuel prices would quickly make the impracticality of all these larger more powerful SUV's immediately evident. I do know that a lot of automakers are looking to implement mild hybrid systems on their larger vehicles, in an effort to boost overall efficiency.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I think a large and long enough spike in fuel prices would quickly make the impracticality of all these larger more powerful SUV's immediately evident. I do know that a lot of automakers are looking to implement mild hybrid systems on their larger vehicles, in an effort to boost overall efficiency.
There's still more oil left in the ground than we know what to do with. We're more likely to see all types of taxes come into play that would influence what we drive.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 02:41 PM

Yeah I think there is a good chance that we'll see some heavy taxing on owners who continue to drive larger/less efficient vehicles once EV's become more mainstream. Though I do admit that I would be interested in a larger Jaguar with styling cues from the new I Pace.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

The I-Pace is a beauty and the engineering that went into optimizing air flow should be transferred to the rest of Jaguar's lineup.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 02:08 PM

Yeah I think there is a pretty good chance that we'll see similar styling changes in all of their SUV's in their next generation. The new styling just makes way more sense from an aerodynamic perspective, and I'm sure owners would mind having a more fuel efficient SUV.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 12:57 PM

What they need to do more of this time around to win over even more buyers is to include aggressive cues without the need to go SVR.

In addition this would raise the bar for what SVR should achieve.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page