F-Type celebrates its birthday - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

F-Type celebrates its birthday

Jaguar has announced that they will be releasing a special Chequered Flag edition of the F-Type to celebrate 70 years of two seat sports cars. Everything started with the XK120, which had a top speed of 120mph, which was the fastest car in the world at the time. Pricing and availability of this special variant have yet to be revealed.

Quote:
The Chequered Flag comes exclusively with either a four- or six-cylinder engine. The Ingenium-platform four-cylinder makes 295 horsepower from 2.0 litres, while the V6 can be had in 340- and 380-horsepower supercharged spec. All are hooked up to an eight-speed Quickshift automatic, but the supercharged version has the ability to use Jaguar’s all-wheel-drive system.

Twenty-inch wheels finished in Diamond Turned black are exclusive to the Chequered Flag; available colours are Caldera Red, Fuji White, or Carpathian Grey. The dampers have also been tuned to be more refined and improve ride comfort at low speed, taking cues from the F-Type SVR and reducing damping by 24 per cent. The F-Type R has also received the upper rear ball joint from the SVR, which will make it more robust.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 12:59 PM

Not enough if you ask me, I honest think they should be doing far more, to the extent that brands like Brabus and other up-fitters do to OEM cars
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:10 PM

While I love the idea of supercharged engine, I'm a bit worrisome of the price tag that'll come with it. Looks like the majority of changes are under the hood, which I guess is fine for those who prefer sleepers. Don't think it makes a lot of sense to make a special edition that's nearly indistinguishable from the regular model.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

We haven't gotten a look inside, but my guess it that it'll get some unique badging throughout. The supercharger whine from the Project 8 is one of its best features imo.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 02:06 PM

With only 400hp on tap, for most consumers there are a lot of better valued vehicles. Whether this be the new Stinger GT or upcoming G70, both of those have similar power outputs for a fraction of the price.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 12:35 AM

Jaguar doesn't have much to worry about anyways, the F-Type will be replaced soon with a product much more relevant for the years ahead of us. It couldn't come at a better time because rival products within recent years have stolen its spotlight. Even still, it attracted a certain type of customer that no other product could entirely. Its just that type of Jag.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

JLR has for too long focused on the exterior styling of their vehicles and as a result many other components have fallen behind. Namely their infotainment system and tech, which is outclassed by almost every other luxury brand.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page