First report of I-Pace catching on fire - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

First report of I-Pace catching on fire

As Jaguar mulls the idea of transitioning towards being an EV only automakers, there is a new reported case of an unlucky I-Pace owner. It has yet to be determined whether or not the I-Pace caught on fire or whether or its simply the result of arson. In either case its unfortunate for the Netherlands owner and Jaguar is beginning to try and determine the cause of the blaze. https://insideevs.com/jaguar-i-pace-fire-unknown-cause/
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 01:15 PM

With how many I-Pace's that have already been delivered, my guess is this is an isolated incident. The owner is just lucky that the fire didn't spread to his house/property because electric vehicle fires can be extremely tough to extinguish.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 04:17 PM

Mass amounts of people are moving towards condo's now, compared to 15-20 years ago when everyone wanted houses. I fear how these fires will spread throughout a parkade.

Insurance companies won't be happy.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

I believe that the I-Pace accounted for nearly 10% all of Jaguar sales last month. So this could be really problematic if they identify an issue with the new platform.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 05:01 PM

that might not be entirely true depending on the production batches that have been impacted, details are still scarce
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 11:29 AM

Love how they refer to it as a 'thermal incident' rather than just saying fire. It's odd that events like this get so little press coverage, but when it happens to a Tesla, its being covered by every major outlet.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspian View Post
Love how they refer to it as a 'thermal incident' rather than just saying fire. It's odd that events like this get so little press coverage, but when it happens to a Tesla, its being covered by every major outlet.
Fancy ways of using words are common with everything these days, even right down to general news reports.

Being a product Jaguar has even more of a reason to mask the issue, last thing they need is bad press during a sales slump for some of its product line up.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Electrical fires are going to become a growing concern in the industry. There have been many reports of EV's that have got into accidents and proceeded to reignite several times after being extinguished. Firefighters are likely going to have to get new tools/training to combat them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page