Your Thoughts on Touch Pro - Page 2 - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayTO View Post
As I know that dual screen comes with the basic model of Velar, which costs $62,000.
Correct but while you do get the hardware you are limited in what the software end can do along with supportive hardware. A couple of those being 360 parking and Activity Key, so keep that in mind once we see more newer Jaguars come out. Odds are JLR will streamline this area.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 10:44 AM

Those systems are both hardware and software upgrades, so you may as well spring for the 360 parking and nav. No regrets later on after you've owned the XS for a while. But I'm one to purchse cars and not lease, so they generally stick with me for a while.

In that case, it's better to have a fully loaded infotainment system than regret it later.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excess View Post
Those systems are both hardware and software upgrades, so you may as well spring for the 360 parking and nav. No regrets later on after you've owned the XS for a while. But I'm one to purchse cars and not lease, so they generally stick with me for a while.

In that case, it's better to have a fully loaded infotainment system than regret it later.
I also think that come time for these to show up on dealer lots as pre-builds odds are they will come fully loaded, easier to sell them at that point compared to a base trim, especially given how much people want all the latest tech these days.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 11:37 AM

The first batch to arrive on dealership lots usually are fully loaded and those who want the basic package are left waiting. They're probably hoping the latter group would cave and spring or the more expensive model and it works sometimes. Too bad Touch Pro still doesn't support Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The first batch to arrive on dealership lots usually are fully loaded and those who want the basic package are left waiting. They're probably hoping the latter group would cave and spring or the more expensive model and it works sometimes. Too bad Touch Pro still doesn't support Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
Part of it will depend on where you live along with how many of these Jaguar is projecting to sell. Even the market you live in matters due to how they spec it out. Markets like India and China should be seeing more lower trims available right away on dealer lots. North America is the complete opposite.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I don't get why they didn't add Carplay for their XS model. Nowadays, it's a really important feature for almost any customer and even 2018 Jaguar F-Pace will have it.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

later this year the F-Pace started getting it to everyones surprise so if that's the case with a product as important to Jaguar as this will be.... I think you guys know what the future will hold. At this point they don't have a choice give how competitive the market is getting. Jaguar is one of about 10 in any market they compete in.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 11:59 AM

The lack of Android Auto or Carplay in cars these days may be enough to drive customers away and Jaguar is still trying to grow their customer base, so they can't afford to alienate anyone who rely heavily on their phones. I'm sure the new XS will follow in the F-Pace's footsteps or buyers like me will be sorely disappointed. Even better if it can mirror Google maps ad touch zoom capabilities.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 03:36 PM

How is phone compatibility not a standard feature across all vehicles, considering how strict laws have become surrounding phone use while driving? You'd think it would be common sense for automakers to implement as many hands free options/controls as possible. Perhaps we should just be happy that Jag owners aren't dealing with the same infotainment issues that FCA owners are currently dealing with.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The lack of Android Auto or Carplay in cars these days may be enough to drive customers away and Jaguar is still trying to grow their customer base, so they can't afford to alienate anyone who rely heavily on their phones. I'm sure the new XS will follow in the F-Pace's footsteps or buyers like me will be sorely disappointed. Even better if it can mirror Google maps ad touch zoom capabilities.
Thankfully we have a long way to go before this product comes out and already throughout JLR there are some impressive tech features floating around. The Velar is a great showcase of this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page