Your Thoughts on Touch Pro - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Your Thoughts on Touch Pro

XF, F-Pace and a few other Jaguar models already come with Touch Pro and so far as been getting a lot of positive feedback, especially from what Jaguar infotainment systems used to be. But that's just what i've seen in review and feedback online...what about some of you guys here that might own a Touch Pro equipped Jaguar?

If you're reading this and are new to Touch Pro, give this page a read: https://www.jaguarusa.com/owners/inc...touch-pro.html
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 12:14 PM

Lots of reviews and walk throughs online and what i posted below is a good example of one.
In the end there's not much more to ask for, I have many other reasons for buying Jaguar, Touch Pro is the icing on the cake...

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Too bad that screen is too small for most people that by now are used to tablets. The best thing for Jaguar will be to include tablet-sized infotainment screens. Much like what Tesla has done and what Mercedes is starting to do.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 02:37 PM

but how much screen do you really need?

all I use my infotainment systems for is simple functions unless i'm already buying a car that comes with a bigger setup
the i-Pace for example should come with a bigger screen just to suit the whole EV/High-Tech/New-Age feeling, here... not so much.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 02:53 AM

It's better for typing in navigation addresses, but for general use it's a good size. But maybe the next gen XS will have a larger screen, they so get progressively bigger in other models.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 01:51 PM

I need to admit, that the infotainment screen itself and software design look pretty for me, however, you can still notice that it's kinda lagging and has a slow response time. I'm pretty sure that it will take a few more software updates to get rid of all these issues.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

What we should be looking out for is feedback on the Range Rover Velar's system because odds are more of it will be making its way across JLR. XS being the vital product we have been all told about and can see being the case with the XF, they need to pull some ideas from the Velar.

Another one is the E-Pace which much like my speculation for the XS, has taken after the Velar:

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarFan View Post
What we should be looking out for is feedback on the Range Rover Velar's system because odds are more of it will be making its way across JLR. XS being the vital product we have been all told about and can see being the case with the XF, they need to pull some ideas from the Velar.

Another one is the E-Pace which much like my speculation for the XS, has taken after the Velar:

In my opinion, Ranger Rover Velar has the most modern interior design on the current market (excluding concept cars), not only big screens make it look cool, but overall style inside the car is outstanding. The only thing that is annoying in this kind of futuristic interior is fingerprints all over the dashboard. There are only two buttons on Velar's dashboard and even they're made of glance plastic. So, you will always need to carry a little piece of rag to clean your screens.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 03:08 PM

The Velar's dual screen design is gorgeous and refined, but no doubt very costly and will be saved for luxury touring models. At least that's what I assume it'll be saved for.

As for fingerprints, I wear glasses so there are always glass rags lying around for me.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excess View Post
The Velar's dual screen design is gorgeous and refined, but no doubt very costly and will be saved for luxury touring models. At least that's what I assume it'll be saved for.

As for fingerprints, I wear glasses so there are always glass rags lying around for me.
As I know that dual screen comes with the basic model of Velar, which costs $62,000.
Attached Images
File Type: png 991911.png (964.8 KB, 3 views)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page