JLR finally offering Apple CarPlay & Android Auto - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

JLR finally offering Apple CarPlay & Android Auto

Beginning with the 2019 I-Pace Jaguar will finally be equipping their newer Jaguar and Land Rover models with CarPlay and Android Auto functionality. Unfortunately unalike the I-Pace it may not however be standard equipment and it could roughly be a $300 option on select models. Imo if you're able to get this compatibility in base line Honda's, there's no reason why Jaguar should be charging extra for it.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 02:05 PM

I 100% agree. There is no way that simple functionality like this should be an additional charge in 2018. The tech that JLR has been placing even in their newer vehicles is lagging far behind that of key rivals. I'll bet that the I-Pace stands to account for the majority of their sales this year.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 07:59 PM

Anyone not picky about what configuration they have might benefit from buying an off the lot model. Sometimes dealers offer discounts just so certain models don't stick around too long.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Lets hope their decision to provide better factory equipment on the I-Pace transitions to the rest of their lineup. If Mazda is able to offer this compatibility as a retrofit on older models for $199, surely Jaguar can include it moving forward.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 12:52 PM

The more people spend on a product, the less likely they're to complain and that's the only reason why Jaguar would make the change... or in other words, it won't happen
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:11 PM

It's not like a revamped infotainment system is going to be enough to bring them out of their slump. They should probably start to listen to their consumer base however, because they aren't making the correct decisions even on their newer models.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:48 AM

Range Rover wants to come out with sedans so that might be the start to something they weren't allowed to do before. Only so much they can do with Jaguar, brand identity has to be honored.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Technology is a huge selling point for buyers, especially those from a younger demographic. The only way that they are going to bring newcomers to the brand is by addressing this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspian View Post
Technology is a huge selling point for buyers, especially those from a younger demographic. The only way that they are going to bring newcomers to the brand is by addressing this.
Audi is slowly taking the lead with it s MMI and Virtual Cockpit system to the point that even myself as Jaguar/Range Rover enthusiast would give Audi my money. After going through videos like the below, if anyone here doesn't like it i'll be quite surprised:

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:53 PM

Mercs MBUX system that's coming in the new A-Class looks equally impressive. These are the kinds of features that new buyers from younger demographics are looking for.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page