Holiday Wishes Of A Jaguar XSR 575 - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Holiday Wishes Of A Jaguar XSR 575

Jaguar has been keeping any bit of XS news close to heart and we havenít heard much since they filed a trademark in Europe for a XS nameplate earlier this year, but if it really is to be a XJ replacement, then perhaps we may see a XSR 575 at some point in the future.

What brought on this bit of wishful thinking was AutoBlogís first drive review of the 2018 Jaguar XJR 575. As suggested by its name, the performance sedan produces 575 PS and 700nm of torque. Though the 5.0-litre V8 petrol engine remains, Jaguar managed to coax an extra 25 horsepower out of it by recalibrating the software. That slight improvement is enough to propel the sedan from 0- 60 mph in 4.2 seconds.

Of course a $122,400 price tag canít be justified with just a power increase, thus the plethora of luxury cabin features. Drivers will find themselves ensconced in diamond-quilted and perforated leather seats whilst enjoying what the 1,300-watt Meridian sound system has to offer. Unfortunately, the massage feature is not available, though its impressive responsiveness and on road handling could make drivers overlook that missing option.

Let us know what you think of our holiday wishes or share yours for the upcoming Jaguar XS, which is expected to arrive in 2019.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 03:34 PM

I have some slight reason to believe they need to release something as a precursor to a "Project ____" that will sit above the Jaguar Project 8 (XE-based) so it would do them a lot of good to release this 575 model. However it should have design and performance that hints to what the future might hold.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 11:59 AM

I don't see this becoming a reality anytime soon and Jaguar doesn't seem too concerned with performance vehicles recently. Aside from the SR 575, most of what I've been hearing is about their SUV and crossovers.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 12:16 PM

Perhaps I'm simplifying this, but they increased the output just by giving the car a software update. Could they not easily do the same for the XS and charge more for a 575 model?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 11:12 AM

It would probably be more risky than anything else and odds are the only real way to improve power from a car maker end is with better componnets. I bet if they could they would just turn up the dial but it doesn't always work like that
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excess View Post
Perhaps I'm simplifying this, but they increased the output just by giving the car a software update. Could they not easily do the same for the XS and charge more for a 575 model?
They could and should if its means that reliability and dependability isn't comprised which right now its too early to tell. With a next generation model it will be easier to bring in new components that make adding power easier and efficient at the same time.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 11:15 AM

I've heard that most manufacturers understate what the engine is capable of, so most engines should be able to safely handle a higher power output without affecting reliability too much if at all. But we'll just have to wait and see, though information is scarce these days.
Also looking forward to hidden Easter eggs from Jaguar.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excess View Post
I've heard that most manufacturers understate what the engine is capable of, so most engines should be able to safely handle a higher power output without affecting reliability too much if at all. But we'll just have to wait and see, though information is scarce these days.
Also looking forward to hidden Easter eggs from Jaguar.
what an engine can actual handle can vary quite a bit because i have seen engines with a strong block and bottom end that can handle a big jump in percentage of power then on the flip side there are engines that are only safe with a very small percentage increase in power. in the end you have to be very methodical about it and do your research.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 10:38 PM

Biggest problem with that thinking is how much we can increase power by without impacting anything negatively along with the fact of what we actually need.
Some engines are under rated but still have low tolerance for power increases, mean while others are the same but with much bigger tolerances beyond what most believe.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 11:57 PM

Seen what Startech and Hamann have done to some new Jaguars and if the XS is really worth the hype then I will be looking out for what those brands do. A fast Jaguar saloon is always a good strategy, which is what this should be.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page