F-Type 4 door Concept - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

F-Type 4 door Concept

I'm not sure if you guys have heard the rumours that there's a Jaguar designer who has interest in making a four door F-Type. With all the high performance 4 doors coming to the market, I think this is a smart transition for the F-Type and we finally have an idea of what it could look like. What do you guys think?

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 01:01 PM

This rendering looks phenomenal, and I think there would be a lot of interest in a 4 door variant of the F Type. It might be worthwhile for them to holdout until an electric variant is planned however, as that seems to be where 4 door performance models are thriving.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 01:50 PM

Interesting choice of headlights, the shape reminds me of what you'd find on a Porsche. You are right when it comes to performance sedans and how man are coming out these days, i.e. Kia Stinger, and Jaguar would do well to come out with their own as well. Something better than the XE, but with better looks because that rendering has an add front facia.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Unlike Kia, Jaguar has already established itself as a premium brand, and I think a high performance sedan would sell quite well. I know the XF Sportbrake has been receiving pretty high praise, and there are rumours circling around about a SVR trim.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:37 AM

The XF Sportbrake is a wagon and Europe buyers are a fan of those, not so much in place like North America where SUVs and Crossovers are the main sellers. There's still room for performance sedans even though sales in the segment has slowed. Jaguar just needs to come out with something amazing and affordable.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

I know the Sportbrake is a wagon but its pretty high performance, and even moreso if they consider to release a SVR trim for it. It's a worthwhile alternative to the crossovers that everyone seems to be flocking too. Will be interesting to see what happens when gas prices skyrocket in the next few months and everyone's scrambling to find sedans.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Higher gas prices are going to be a pain for everyone, but buying a smaller car may not be the answer for them if they're stuck on a lease or just can't afford something different at the moment. But I assume it doesn't really matter if you can pay for a performance sedan anyways.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page