JLR sales down forcing changes to production - Jaguar XS Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

JLR sales down forcing changes to production

JLR has reported a 12.3% decline in global sales last month. As a result they have made a bunch of changes to their factories around the world. Some in the UK will be moving to a 3 day work week, and others in Asia will be shutting down entirely for weeks. Personally I think the company would benefit from moving away from diesel technology and instead they should ramp up development of electric alternatives. Sales plunge forces Jaguar Land Rover to shut factory for two weeks
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 10:55 AM

With the huge transition we are seeing in places like China towards electrics, dropped sales figures on ICE's are to be expected. I'm a bit surprised that Jaguar went straight to an EV with the I-Pace rather than developing some hybrid variants of their current models.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 03:18 PM

I think this is even more of a reason to double down on Magna because operating solo isn't easy but when its a major player that has the scale and probably more contracts and investments than they can handle, its the next best move to save production, reduce costs and ultimately keep revenue flowing.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
With the huge transition we are seeing in places like China towards electrics, dropped sales figures on ICE's are to be expected. I'm a bit surprised that Jaguar went straight to an EV with the I-Pace rather than developing some hybrid variants of their current models.
JLW has the plug in hybrid Range Rover 400e. It only has a 31-mile electric range however, so it's not going to save you much on fuel. There is also a PHEV Evoque in the pipeline.

Last edited by Kaspian; 10-21-2018 at 12:53 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:48 PM

sometimes a car maker getting ahead of the curve has to do with where they are with infrastructure, brands like Toyota have a lot more to get rid of unlike JLR, hence the difference.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 02:06 PM

I have heard about the PHEV Evoque, but Jaguar has released very little information about it. I know that the next gen model is supposed to take a lot more design cues from the Velar, which is great.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page